OSLIST Digest - 29 Sep 2005 to 30 Sep 2005 (#2005-268)

Tree Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 12:17:41 PDT 2005

I am not sure if this comment fits in this thread but what the heck. . .

I recently attended the N. Mexico Practice of Peace, which was awesome,
waycool, wonderful, yada, yada.

One of the participants expressed a desire to make peace a verb, or, at
least, a gerund. She suggested 'peaceing', which feels a bit awk but I like
the idea.

OST is, IMHO, the Practice of Peace.

And practicing peace is what I want all my conversations to be about.

As a former lawyer and current peacemaker, I always hold the aspiration to
be peace-ing, embracing chaos, conflict and confusion as part of the
wholeness that is being. As we said over and over at the conference, peace
embraces conflict and violence and cannot be separate and apart from
'peace'.

So I am trying to think my way beyond the language of debate or dialogue. .
. to the language of peacing.

--
Warmly,
Tree Fitzpatrick