Visit to Tiblissi and Practice of Peace in Berlin

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.de
Wed Oct 12 15:46:36 PDT 2005

Dear colleagues,
had a great visit to Tiblissi in Georgia with Jo.
Another experience in facilitating a planning session without knowing
the language with the consequence that the planning group for the
development of a Tiblissi neighborhood had to do everything, including
every piece of writing (Georgian looks different from anything I have
seen before, closest association was Malayalam).
In addition, we provided a "presentation" of open space to a group of
some 30 interested the evening after the planning session...using the
planning session results as an intro and then "giving" an introduction
into an open space technology event the way we usually do it.
When we got to the point of inviting people to now offer their issues,
there was a rush to the center as if it was a "real" os...we had a hard
time to break it up (nobody was upset, luckily).

Well, while in that great country we talked about the Berlin PoP Program
with ho and there will be 3 people coming that are involved in the
Armenian/Azerbaidschanian/BergKarabach/...conflict work.
By now, there are 22 registered from Germany, Denmark, Siberia, Turkey
and some Germans living and working in Spain and France are coming, too.

There is still loads of room, so you are invited to open up your
calendar, check your budget (my goal is to have nobody excluded on
account of cash), recruit others and sign in.

The Early Bird Phase is over but there is a 20% reduction if you bring
someone else along or recruit others.

Greetings from bright fall sun in Berlin
but also thinking of the earthquake victims in Pakistan with more than
40 000 dead and millions of homeless where I recently conducted an
ost-training
and wondering about the zero reference to it on our (usa-centric) list
as opposed to the horrible disaster in New Orleans..
mmp