The Pros and Cons of OST?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Nov 21 18:35:01 PST 2005

Okay so then I am thinking of Allison standing in area “A” in the OS
room and delivering a speech every 10 minutes, but each time, she
changes costume and changes one crucial bit of information in the
presentation, just to keep herself amused (‘
and then the facilitator
gives every participant a dollar’ –or- ‘
and then all the participants
get up and do a silly dance..’).

;o)

Oh. And about this 10 minutes timing thing.  I say just relax.  Do what
you know how to do.  Give people a good 20 minutes or whatever for the
sessions, or even two ½ hour sessions with a 20 minute open /
agenda-co-creation and 10 minutes for closing circle comments – or
whatever, depending on the size of the participant group.

Trust yourself and don’t play to that person’s anxiety.  Did I say that?
I don’t even have the facts with which to make that assumption.  But
gee, sounds like a bit of a control thing, no?

Not a control queen at all (except sometimes), Lisa
___________________________
L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
O p e n i n g  S p a c e
2325 Oregon
Berkeley, California
94705-1106   USA
+01 510 548-8449
 <mailto:lisaheft at openingspace.net> lisaheft at openingspace.net
 <http://www.openingspace.net> www.openingspace.net

OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To
subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:
OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist * *
OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: