Ideas please for a different closing

Jon Harvey only.connect at virgin.net
Mon Nov 14 13:19:44 PST 2005

Hi

A closing I sometimes use is another cooperative game I learnt. Everyone
stands in a circle and one person explains how it works. The rule is that
you copy what the person on your left is doing - once they have started to
do it. So the leader starts off with tapping one hand to the other - the
person on his/her right follows suit, then the next and so on until the
tapping has gone all the way round the circle. When it gets back to the
first person - they start clapping (a louder noise) - this goes round the
circle too. Then a slapping of things (even louder)..... then a stamping of
feet - with the slapping of thighs goes round. Then you work back down to
just the slapping, clapping, tapping and then finally the person takes the
hand of the person his/her right, and this moves around the circle - until
there is a wonderful silence - with everyone holding hands. Its called
Rainstorm - cos the sound mimics the sound of a rain storm... The silence at
the end can be pure magic.

Maybe you could use that...

all the best

Jon