Deep Democracy * Open Space * Other systemic methods

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Tue Nov 8 01:29:46 PST 2005

patricia, you might add to your list of topics appreciative inquiry
and asset based community development.  the latter approach,
especially, would help shift the focus a bit, from capacity-building
to capacity discovering... not unrelated, of course, to the first
stage of appreciative inquiry.  maybe you'd be interested in these
next two links, as well...

and thank you, jeff.  maybe some of what you're meaning in this
meta-being is in this blog post, the latest version of it anyway?
http://www.michaelherman.com/wordpress/archives/2005/11/03/open-space-practices-2/

i've recently posted a sort of guide to invitation writing, as well.
continuing to refine my own practice of this.  the guide doc is
downloadable here:
http://www.globalchicago.net/ost/publications/downloads/inviting_guide.pdf

michael

--