"Circles of Change" at West Chester U. Nov 15

john engle englejohn at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:09:16 PST 2005

Hi Friends.

I apology if you receive this invitation more than once.

My colleague Eddy Sterling and I will be presenting "Circles of Change: a
quiet revolution in Haiti" at West Chester University (suburbs of
Philadelphia) on November 15 at 5 PM

For those unfamiliar with "Circles of Change: a quiet revolution in Haiti"
it's a 20 minute film about our growing network in Haiti using Open Space
and Reflection Circles. This will be a traditional format. Questions and
answers will follow.

For those in the Philadelphia area (and others?) Can you join us? Do you
know anyone else who might be interested?

To see the flyer/poster, click on

http://www.beyondborders.net/je-assoc/images/westerchesterUfrontback_000.jpg

or go to http://circlesofchange.com and download it.

No time to download files with pictures?  Simply read on.

Thanks for helping us get the word out!

John Engle
ps let me know if you would like to receive it in a pdf file or if you have
questions.

Conflict
 Violence
 Exclusion
Terrorism

Dialogue
 Peace
 Democracy
 Trust

How do we get from one level to the next? Are Education and Leadership part
of the problem?  How can they be part of the solution?

Come see and discuss how a powerful alternative educational & leadership
approach is building hope in Haiti and beyond

“Circles of Change: a quiet revolution in Haiti.”  DVD Documentary
Presentation and Discussion

with Eddy Sterling and John Engle, Beyond Borders*

Tuesday November 15, 5 – 6:30pm Sykes Student Union, Ballroom “C”

West Chester University

Sponsored by the Greater Philadelphia Latin American Studies Consortium
(GPLASC) and Latin American Studies, West Chester University

Light refreshments will be served after the presentation

For more information or to order a copy of the DVD, aired on WYBE
Philadelphia Public Television: www.circlesofchange.com

For directions to West Chester University and a campus map: www.wcupa.edu
“In the midst of a national situation that is violent and chaotic, it is
indeed refreshing and stimulating to see how Beyond Borders’ small but
vibrant alternatives to the authoritarian schooling and leadership is taking
shape in Haiti.”Claudette Werleigh, former prime minister of Haiti, now
serving as Director of Conflict Transformation, and international program of
Life Peace Institute, Sweden

“Circles of Change is a top rate piece of work.” Phillippe Armand, Past
President, Haitian-American Chamber of Commerce and CEO Groupe Dynamic,
Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Biographies:
Eddy Sterling consults with grassroots educational programs to promote
literacy and participatory learning and leadership approaches. He served as
Co-Director of Port-au-Prince-based Limyè Lavi Foundation, sister
organization of Beyond Borders (www.beyondborders.net), from 1997 to May
2005. Eddy was born and raised in Port-au-Prince and ahs a B.S. in Sociology
from Haiti State University. He has vast experience with student groups and
popular organizing. He resides in Somerville, Massachusetts with his wife
and two children. eddysterling at hotmail.com Tel: 617-718-9166

John Engle is cofounder of U.S.-based Beyond Borders (www.beyondborders.net)
and Haiti-based Limyè Lavi Foundation. He coordinates Circles of Change, a
Haiti program that promotes participatory learning and leadership. He also
facilitates the Open Space meeting approach with U.S.-based organizations
and serves on the board of Open Space Institute. Prior to living in Haiti
(1991-2004), John spent seven years in the for-profit sector. He and his
wife live in Hershey, Pennsylvania. john at johnengle.net Tel: 202-236-6532.
www.johnengle.net

http://circlesofchange.com participatory learning & leadership in Haiti
http://johnengle.net Open Space facilitation