Open appreciatve community cafe world building inquiry space AND stories

EVERETT813 at aol.com EVERETT813 at aol.com
Tue May 31 21:19:32 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/12/05 9:05:11 AM, on.the.edge at sympatico.ca writes:

>     I returned home to the news that I was pregnant... How could this be? I
> felt as though I couldn't contain so much life and death, hope and despair,
> in the same moment... I looked into this abyss and truly wondered whether I
> wanted to support the emergence of more life into this miserable, wailing
> existence...

Glory,

In a book by Jack Hawley called "Reawakening The Spirit In Work" there is a
chapter on Bending Time which relates to instantaneousness of transformation.
He has two very powerful stories in there about organizations that are
struggling mightily with serious issues.   They are in 'hell', so to speak.   The
dark night of the soul.   One is hospice, the other US Forest Service where
people are dying every year fighting forest fires.   It seems to me these relate
to the pain you were writing about.   The change is quite stunning.   The
Forest Service one I can never read without weeping because that is one of my life
experiences.   At any rate, I commend them to you and to anyone else who
wishes to see transformation happen 'in an instant'.   Pgs. 106-114.

Thank you for your sharing.

Warmly,

Paul Everett