Transformative Community Building

Cheryl Honey wecare at familynetwork.org
Thu May 12 10:43:29 PDT 2005

Now you are just scratching the surface of what I love and refer to as
transformative community building.

Over the past decade as I networked with neighbors to create a social
support system in my community a transformative community building process
slowly emerged that fostered conditions to open space for neighbors to take
responsibility for the things they loved. I showed Peggy the model I call
Family Support Networking and she affirmed it as an innovative application
of OST. My purpose now is to share my experience to inspire others to
manifest open spaces to grow community capacity through transformative
community building practices. The intention is to utilize the FSN design to
shift service delivery systems from power-over to power-with by engaging
citizens to take responsibility for the things they love and express their
full potential. I'm conducting a one day workshop at the Neighborhoods USA
conference in Sacramento, CA on Friday, May 27th for anyone who's interested
in learning more. You are welcome to come as my guest. If that's a stretch,
just email me and I'll forward you a description of the transformative
community buidling approach.

Where can I learn more about Scott Peck's approach to "Community Building"?

Cheryl Honey, Community Weaver
Family Support Network
206.240.2241