Craig

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon May 30 07:40:19 PDT 2005

I remind you, Craig, that at a three day OS gathering, all the
participants are free to go golfing any time they wish.

During Spirited Work gatherings, it has been quite common for people
to hold sessions with titles like this: "walk on the beach at 2 pm". .
. people meet at 2 pm, organize cars and they are off.  In one season,
we had about eight carloads of people do this, which was quite a lot
since we probably had less than fifty people in total for the weekend.

During the Seattle Practice of Peace, I heard a story about an OS
practitioner who held an OS for a group of Kurds in new York City.
She opened the space and everyone went shopping.  She was initially
quite anxious; this was her first open space and she fretted that she
had failed.  But then the next day, all the Kurds showed up and did
great work in open space.

Instead of giving your participants the 'afternoon off', Craig, I
would encourage your event sponsors/clients to hold a session such as:
 'anyone want to go golfing on day 2 at 1 p.m/". . . it would be a
great way to facilitate the experience of freedom in open space, I
think.  Seeing that posted in the marketplace could open unanticipated
energy.

Then you would just have your evening circle, as usual.  And whoever
showed up for the evening circle would, of course, be the right
people.