Growing Together at the Emerging Edge of Evolution (long)

Jack Ricchiuto jack at designinglife.com
Fri May 27 16:16:08 PDT 2005

Harrison: For me, less is best, and even lesser would be better still. Get rid of the whole bloody mess, WC, AI, FS, and of course OS too. How is that for striking a blow for freedom?For me, less is best, and even lesser would be better still. Get rid of the whole bloody mess, WC, AI, FS, and of course OS too. How is that for striking a blow for freedom?

That's the problem with isms. They want to institutionalize what comes naturally, and in doing so, get in the way - calling for more of itself. In this sense, the institutional obsession with "how" (process) becomes a self-reinforcing ego space. The "lesser still" is the staying out of the way - always easier said than done if the norm is to intercede and intervene.

I had lunch with a guy today whose background includes improvisational music. He reminded me that there is only one rule in improvisation: say yes to whatever comes up. In open space, the answer to how is always yes!

Jack

jack ricchiuto
two.one.six/three.seven.three/seven.four.seven.five
www.designinglife.com / www.appreciativeleadership.org