Some questions about an OS event

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Mon May 23 13:28:16 PDT 2005

Diane:

You have some great questions there and it's great to have gotten folks
to respond.  I encourage you to also to back to your client later and
follow-up with the questions in our global research initiative.

To get the context information and simple questions go to the wiki web
site where the research project is described
http://www.openspaceworld.org/network/wiki.cgi?OpenSpaceResearch .  The
questions are also listed below.  We are trying to get many responses
from many sectors to the same questions - the context answered by the
facilitator and the description answered by the
sponsor/client/participant.

Thanks.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada
416.653.4829

 <mailto:larry at spiritedorg.com> larry at spiritedorg.com
 <http://www.spiritedorg.com> www.spiritedorg.com

Organizational Context:

1.      Name of Interviewer/Facilitator:

2.      Date of Interview:

3.      Role of Person Interviewed:

4.      Country Where Event Held:

5.      Sector/Business:  For a list of sectors, click here (link to
Michael's list)

6.      How Many OST Events Has the Interviewee's Organization/Unit had?

7.      Theme of This OST Event:

8.      Key organisational challenges, issues, drivers for this Event?

9.      Date of Event:

10.     Number of participants:

11.     How long was the event?

12.     Planning Process with the Client
a.      Number of Planning Meetings?
b.      Length of Planning Process (weeks or months)?
c.      Number of people involved in the planning of the event?

13.     Follow-up with regard to this event
a.      Was the follow-up planned before the event took place?
b.      Number of Follow-up Meetings

Descriptive Questions for the Sponsor re: Their Experience

1.      How would you describe your experience of Open Space Technology?
What words come to mind?

2.      How would you describe the impact of OST:

a.      On the people who attended (group, team, organization)?

b.      On organizational results during and after the event?

3.      How was OST different from your experience of other approaches?

4.      Given your experience, in what circumstances would you recommend
the use of OS to others?