Single day events

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sun May 22 10:55:24 PDT 2005

Wendy, I like the suggestion that you try and squeeze a half-day
followup to your client's one day OS. . . . BUT. . .

I gently remind you that when you open the one day strategic planning
day, it is important for you to be holding the belief that great, deep
work can be accomplished in the single day.  The more clear you, as
the OS facilitator, are within yourself that deep and big things can
unfold, the better the day will be.  And don't forget that when you
open the day, you will clearly identify the schedule.  And don't
forget that everyone knows they have one day to do big and great
things together.  When you stand before this hospice organization and
open their day in OS, your inner work, Wendy, is the real work of
facilitation, IMHO.  You get paid, at least in part, to believe much
can be achieved in the single day.  Indeed, I go so far as to say the
more deeply you believe it, the greater the day will be.  THIS is what
OS practitioners get paid for when it looks like they are 'doing
nothing'.  This kind of facilitation is inner work, REAL work.