Community Building (Transformative and Otherwise)

Funda Oral fundaoral at ttnet.net.tr
Sun May 15 04:13:33 PDT 2005

Maybe now (at this point of human adventure on earth) we have started to
question
our identity (individual and collective)

That's why we are confused (or, i am) about the meaning of community. Till
now, it
was the people of same religion, same nation, same family, same school and
lately
same company (institution , work place etc), parents of our children'
friends.

But now, it's not clear as all these ways of "togetherness" drew out our
passion and
feeling of being alive.

"Self Organising Systems" idea sounds much more alive.

But i am not sure whether we must wait until  a chaos or a very complex
situation forces us to discover the need of a genuine community, organized
genuinely and naturally.

When i am hopeful, i say "no; we can change many things before that". When i
am
rather negative i say  "ok every development has its own time and turn"

That' where i am now, in between these 2 thoughts.
Funda