The World Cafe

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Thu May 12 09:07:35 PDT 2005

Hi--

One interesting thing from this event: Two of the 7 people asked right at
the front "What outcomes are you looking for" from this conversation?

My first answer: this conversation. That's it. People in our society have
trained themselves out of understanding this idea of doing something to do
it.

My second answer: Because of my current readings in Martin Buber, it seems
clearer to me each day that conversation is the business of bringing
persons into being. We do not exist as persons, we are not real, except in
relation, and particularly conversation. So this is my way of bringing
myself forth as a person to meet other persons.

Interestingly, this second answer seemed to satisfy more than the first the
CEOs (a man and a woman) who asked.

                              :-Doug. Germann
                              Seeking people making community change.