your thoughts on really big invitations?

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Wed May 11 05:34:15 PDT 2005

Michael -- Interesting idea! Seems to me there is the possibility of real
value added for your survey people. Doing a survey is a great start. Doing
something with the results is a different issue. Standard approach of
"referring the results to the Management Committee" is, more often than not,
the kiss of death. Opening some space around the relevant issues would be
much more productive. And I guess that is where you already are!

Probably useful to keep in mind that "Doing a Survey" is an ancient and
honorable way to avoid doing anything, or at least doing anything useful.
But if the clients were offered (at the very start) a meaningful way of
moving from survey to useful action -- that would at least smoke out the
folks for whom the Survey is nothing but a smoke screen (hiding inaction).
More to the point, some clients might actually move forward! And to do that
you clearly have to open some space to move forward in -- or something.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: