multiple facilitator roles

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Thu May 5 05:56:11 PDT 2005

Therese wrote: "I have mentioned before that I do not understand how it came
to pass that so many OS practitioners hold space alone without at least one
other goose or, maybe, a homie."

In answer to your question T. -- I guess that is the way we got started. And
I suppose I do the majority of my Open Spaces as a solo practitioner, not
necessarily as a matter of choice as I will explain in a moment -- but it
works for me. And I think that one of the reasons it works so well is that I
never feel alone. It is true that I do not have the advantage of a
supportive colleague, but riding the energy wave of the participants is a
real rush. I never really thought about it, but it may be that the absence
of a colleague has made me more open and responsive to the "collegiality" of
the participants. They are all my colleagues.

Having said all that, I have to admit -- it sure is nice to have a friend
about.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: