multiple facilitator roles

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:52:57 PDT 2005

I have been giving a lot of thought to this topic of
multiple-facilitators.  I have co-convened for two years of Spirited
Work and I was part of a large group of convenors for the Seattle
Practice of Peace.  I am living in to my ideas about this topic and
will post something in a few days when I have more time to work on how
I present my thinking. . . . this topic is very important to me.

But in the meantime I wanted to quickly respond to Wendy's bit of
yearning for a supportive co-facilitator:  I want to belong to a flock
of OS practitioners and I don't ever want to open space as the sole OS
practitioner.  I want my homies.  Two of my important mentors both
insisted that they would never work alone.  Kathie Dannemiller told me
a thousand times if she told me once that she would never facilitate
alone and if  a client was only willing to pay for one consultant,
they would split the fee but they would not work alone.  I have
mentioned before that I do not understand how it came to pass that so
many OS practitioners hold space alone without at least one other
goose or, maybe, a homie.

--
Warmly,
Therese Fitzpatrick