transformative conversations

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:42:47 PDT 2005

Goethe's fairy tale "The Green Snake and the Beautiful Lily" is a
magical tale about a group of people who live in a world turned upside
down. They realise that the efforts of one alone can do little to
create a new society. But by waking up to each other at the right
time, they bring about profound spiritual and social renewal.

It is a story with direct wisdom for our time.

When the Green Snake is asked by the Gold King, 'What is more
quickening than light?' she replies, 'Conversation!' We come alive
when meeting each other in real dialogue.

The Art of Goethean Conversation, by Marjorie Spock, shows how true
conversation has transformative power.

Goethe was so far ahead of his time.

--
Warmly,