Attachments on the OSLIST

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Mon May 30 11:52:55 PDT 2005

Just a piece of housekeeping...

You cannot send attachments to the OSLIST. This change was made a little
while ago to prevent viruses and other malicious files being sent to the
list. Also, many of us only use dialup access and downloading large
attachments is time consuming and can be expensive in countries that charge
for bandwidth and time.

So, if you have something you'd like people to have, the best thing to do is
to post it somewhere on the web and send the link to the list. If you don't
know how to post something to the web, or you don;t have that kind of
access, email the list and see if someone will host the file for you.

Of course, I think we could have a bigger discussion about how this way of
doing things promotes letting go of attachments, but that's for another
time!

:-)

Cheers,

Chris