Metaphor for Naming Elephants in UK

Erich Kolenaty e.kolenaty at transformation.at
Fri Mar 25 01:21:07 PST 2005

Hi all,

in german we know many of these, sometimes a little different:

"Moving around the hot porridge" (um den heißen Brei herumschleichen),
the "elephant in the living room" moves to the china shop (Elefant im
Porzellanladen)

But more close to the dead moose is
"a burried dog" (da liegt der Hund begraben) and
"the corpse in the wardroom" which in german moves into the cellar (Leiche
im Keller)

Servus aus Wien
Erich