Red Lake Nation

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 10:05:24 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/23/05 6:08:40 AM, kwork23 at yahoo.com writes:

>  In my life, I've found that the simplest of pure human gestures go
> deepest, so that is my food for your thought.

Kerrie--

This is so true.   My husband's younger brother was killed in Viet Nam.   We
were young parents with young children at the time, as were most of our
friends.   Very few had experienced a death in the family, and people pulled back
because they did not know what to say or do.

One day, my husband was on the street in our small town, and met a friend
from work.   The man simply said, "I'm so sorry about your brother,"   and gave
Paul a big hug right on the street.   This man had lost all his family in a
Nazi concentration camp--he was the only one who survived the experience.   He
knew there was nothing to say, but his actions said everything.   This meant so
much to us!

Joelle Everett