A short introduction

Tom Tuddenham ferrisoxide at internode.on.net
Thu Mar 10 20:09:34 PST 2005

Hello all

I don't know if this is the norm on this list, but I thought I might
briefly introduce myself and detail my interest in open space.

I have Alan Stewart to thank for getting me interested in this list.
His posts of a thread on open source to my personal mailbox piqued my
curiousity.

As a long time advocate and contributor to open source projects I've
always been struck my the similarities in spirit between open source
and open space (law of two feet, the right people.. etc). I have a
notion - perhaps wildly idealistic - that open space offers the
possibility of accelerating the commercial development of open source
projects and that a company focussing on open source solutions could
manage its day-to-day operations and decision making using open space
techniques.

I realise this thread has been touched on before and wouldn't want to
go over old ground, but if there are other open source developers out
there in the community who share similar sentiments I would welcome an
opportunity to take these ideas further.

Thank you for indulging me and taking the time to read this email.

Cheers
Tom Tuddenham