Timing for really large groups

Jennifer Hurley JLHurley at hfadesign.com
Tue Jun 21 15:01:45 PDT 2005

On 6/16/05 12:33 AM, "Joelle Lyons Everett" <JLEShelton at aol.com> wrote:

> From my experience as a participant in an Open Space of 700 or 800, I would
> endorse Lisa's suggestion to skip the sign-up at the wall.   It was hard to
> get close enough to the wall posters to read or write.   The large screen will
> help with the reading, so it will not be necessary for everyone to get to the
> wall at the start.

I have never really understood the purpose of having people sign up at the
wall.  It seems cumbersome to have people write on the wall.  Instead, I
have been putting sign-up sheets wherever the discussion circles are.  Does
anyone have a good reason for asking people to sign up at the wall?

Thanks,
Jennifer Hurley
-------------------------------
Hurley~Franks and Associates
Planning & Urban Design

1429 Walnut St., Ste. 601
Philadelphia, PA 19102

P: 215-988-9440
JLHurley at HFAdesign.com
http://www.hfadesign.com

Association for the New Urbanism in PennsylvaniA (ANUPA)
http://www.anupa.org

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
and/or proprietary information.  If you have received this in error, please
contact the sender by replying to this message and delete this material from
any system it may be on.