Fw: The World Cafe meets Open Space

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:48:48 PDT 2005

HARRISON WROTE, in response to our conversation about TWC:
" I understand that this approach could be viewed as my effort to
uphold the purity of OST. Perhaps, but I would like to think that it
goes deeper than that. From where I sit -- freedom and the necessity
of accepting the responsibility of freedom is not the peculiar gift or
requirement of OST, it is just a fact of life. From this point of
view, OST is only an opportunity to practice what we all have to do
anyhow. Some will do all that better than others, some will enjoy it
more, and others less -- but it remains a task of our common humanity.
The sooner we get on with it, the better."

MY REPLY:
I believe it is the work of OS practitioners to uphold the purity of
OST, in service not just to the client of the moment but humanity.

And, by the way, I agree wholeheartedly with Artur's suspicion that
there might be more 'freedom shock' because of the conditions of TWC.

TWC seems to catalyze a lot of energy, doesn't it?