FW: Buzzards, Bats, and Bumblebees

Masud Sheikh masheikh at COGECO.CA
Wed Jun 8 04:32:28 PDT 2005

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:41:50 EDT, EVERETT813 at aol.com wrote:
>> what do you do with completely close-minded
>> individuals who won't even consider anything but sucking the energy out
of other individuals for their own gain??

>Judy,
>
>Peter Block advises that we 'name the behavior' to the person, so they
can hear how others are perceiving or feeling it. You may find that quite
>effective.  It is especially effective for the person who is always
judging the worth, goodness or badness of something. Just name it.

>Sincerely,
>Paul

Good advice Paul,
Particularly if we are interested in making the other person more "aware".
Awareness is "always good", whether for "the other" or for ourselves. What
do we do if the interest is not in making "the other" aware (and
perhaps "change"?), but if we wish to make ourselves "more aware"?

I am told by wiser people that we cannot "change the other", only
ourselves. By changing oureselves, perhaps we can hope that "the other"
might change as well. I am ASSUMING that my above mumbo jumbo makes sense.
It may not, since we are just using a lot of words in virtual space.
Masud