from Ukraine

EVERETT813 at aol.com EVERETT813 at aol.com
Sun Jun 5 12:16:27 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/5/05 3:53:14 AM, raffi at bk.ru writes:

> Turns out education comes from the latin "educere": to lead out. I
> have no qualms with leading out.
>
> Raffi

Raffi:

Indeed, 'educare' can mean that.   I've also heard it translated as "to bring
forth", the implication being to bring forth that which is already within and
to then connect it up with the subject at hand.   It leads to deep
understanding.

As for consciousness, there isn't nearly enough in the world, so doing more
and more OS's is clearly a good prescription, imho.

As for off-putting, that's clearly my mental issue, not yours.   If I were in
an enlightened state of acceptance, it wouldn't be so.   That said, for me
there are limits.   Some are not conditioned to hear or see and never will in
this lifetime.   Just look at the lives of the great change agents in the world
and one sees that clearly.

Paul