OS with people coming late

Barry Owen owengroup at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 04:48:59 PDT 2005

I LOVE it when things don't start at the "Appointed Time" . . . "Whenever it starts is the right time" has newfound meaning for the group. Creativity & Spirit get the time needed to emerge regardless of our schedules.

Another bit I love about this is when the Sponsor  is a "High Driver" - The last event I facilitated started 25 minutes after the appointed time - We had 2 full days to get things done - The sponsor was literally beside himself pointing to his watch . . . At the end of the day, he approached me quietly and told me that he was very glad we didn't push things - It had set the pace for the day and much was accomplished.

Oh - I do give @ 1.5 hours for Opening the Space and the marketplace . . . and strange as it may seem, the first sessions almost always start at the right time :-)

What does your "way" move you towards?

Barry Owen
The Owen Group
Keller Williams Realty
The fastest growing, most innovative real estate firm in North America!
105 Westpark Dr Suite 100
Brentwood, TN 37027
615.568.2123
http://www.geocities.com/barryo.geo

I'm wondering if the reason we are sometimes anxious about starting when not everyone is there is because it is our only moment to be the FACILITATOR. We get to walk around the circle, talk solemnly about the tasks of the day, breathe, LEAD. And we're a little reluctant to let go of that moment. Yet, as so many have already written, the latecomers learn quickly form the early birds, life goes on, topics are raised, discussions are held, etc etc etc...Another thing we have to let go.

Julie Denny
President
Resolutions
People talk...people listen...things change.
http://www.resolutionsforyou.com
31 Poe Rd.
Princeton, NJ 08540
CELL: 914-522-5214
TEL: 609-921-9021
FAX: 609-921-2255

32 West 40th Street - Ste. 3B
New York, NY 10018
TEL: 212-944-7271
FAX: 212-944-0346

* * ========================================================== OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu: http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist