OS with people coming late

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Jun 1 23:41:58 PDT 2005

Christine--

For one OS which I facilitated, we were concerned about people being late.
This was a short OS held at the regular monthly meeting of a professional
organization, and people tended to come when they could--for dinner, after dinner,
just for the speaker, etc.   Further, we started earlier than the regular
meeting hour with a buffet rather than a sit-down dinner, and extended the time
later as well.   A couple of people were alert to brief latecomers, if needed.

However, before I even rang a chime to let people know we were gathering in
the circle, the whole group were in their seats and ready to begin.

I guess the learning that I draw from this is that I should not worry about
what might happen, just do what is needed in the moment.   I'm sure that
whenever you begin, people will think the meeting is just right!

Joelle