conducting OST meeting for an organization that is just forming-Hugo House

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Thu Jun 30 05:11:13 PDT 2005

Peggy,
sneaked a look at their website
http://www.hugohouse.org/
because the coop part intrigued me.
I would like to get in touch with the sponsor of the OST event that
you mentioned and the facilitator.
Seems they are named after Richard Hugo and their full name is
Richard Hugo House,
although the connection to old Victor is a good story, too.
My underlying interest is in the coop part.
Jo and I found out a few years ago that of all the existint business
models,
coops would be most congruent with Open Space.
Or the least incongruent, if you like.
Well, a few years later, we are now - as of June 21, 2005 -  in fact
an incorporated and registered coop
(boscop - berlin open space cooperative) with now 12 members.
And just beginning to test our muscles.
greetings from Berlin
mmp

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:06:37 -0700, Peggy Holman wrote:

>Raffi,
>
>You said:
>> Am I ready for clients to see the inner workings of something so new and
>> not yet
>> clearly formed?
>
>and Harrison responded:
>And here is the rub . As soon as that dream is shared it will change.
>

>To that point, there is a nonprofit writers cooperative in Seattle called
>Hugo House (after Victor Hugo) that began with an Open Space.  The people
>who conceived of the idea were thinking in terms of a place for established
>writers to come, reflect, connect, renew themselves.  The open space
>uncovered an entirely different idea -- a place for writers that was in and
>of the community.  What tickled me is that the founders decided to pursue
>what they heard from the people at the OS and succeeded in creating a place
>that has won national recognition and inspired other writing places around
>the country.  Not to mention being a gift to the a very diverse community
>with surprising people always walking through the door (like the homeless
>man who is now on staff)...
>
>Peggy

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 293 Open Space Workers in 54 countries (working in a total of 114 countries worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org