Community Weaver Certification Training

Cheryl Honey wecare at familynetwork.org
Wed Jun 22 16:40:35 PDT 2005

COMMUNITY WEAVER CERTIFICATION TRAINING

August 23-27th, 2005
Bastyr University
Conference & Retreat Center*
Seattle, Washington
Registration: $495
(Includes training, materials, lodging, meals)
Scholarships Available

FAMILY SUPPORT NETWORKING

Family Support Networking is a grass roots community mobilization approach that increases community capacity and social capital by engaging citizens to pool resources, network with one another and co-create initiatives for the common good of the community. As a Community Weaver, you will learn how to start-up Family Support Networks in schools, churches, neighborhoods, associations and agencies within your community and train volunteers as Family Advocates/Liaisons. You will gain insight into transformative community building theories and practices and learn practical applications of ABCD (Asset-Based Community Development) and Family Support principles that underpin the FSN methodology. All the tools, techniques, technology and expertise you need are provided to customize change initiative(s) to empower families toward self-sufficiency and better meet the needs of your community.  You'll be amazed at how easy it is to engage, train and mobilize a grass roots social support system that serves as a safety net for families, fosters social capital and functions interdependently with formal systems to improve the health and welfare of the whole community from the inside out.

Cheryl Honey is the pioneer of Transformative Community Building practices.  She founded the Family Support Network, a non-profit organization, in 1993 and has trained and certified over 400 Community Weavers and Family Advocates who are respected leaders and change agents in their communities. Cheryl graduated from Antioch University Seattle with B.A. in Liberal Arts. She received the Giraffe Award for sticking her neck out in 1996 and was presented with the Ambassador of Peace and Excellence in Leadership Awards from the International and Interreligious Federation for World Peace. The ABCD Institute and Institute for Civil Society have recognized the Family Support Network model as an exemplary approach to capacity building. Cheryl is a writer and lecturer and resides with her family in Bothell, Washington.

For registration and further information contact:

Cheryl Honey, C.P.P.
cheryl at familynetwork.org

Family Support Network
206.240.2241
register at familynetwork.org
info at familynetwork.org
scholarships at familynetwork.org

"The more resourceful we are among ourselves, the more valuable a resource we become to our families, our communities and our world."

*Bastyr University Conference & Retreat Center is a spectacular setting on 50 acres of woodlands on the northeast shore of Lake Washington, just 10 miles from downtown Seattle. Nesled in beautiful St. Edwards State Park, it is surrounded by evergreen forests, streams and has a secluded beach access to Lake Washington. There are miles of nature trails that wind through the park and over100 species of birds. Facilities include swimming pool and sports courts.