Seeking volunteer help for an OS in Ohio: FRIDAY not Thursday, the 17th plus clarification

Susan Partnow susan4ps at comcast.net
Sun Jun 12 00:18:50 PDT 2005

Please let me clarify:  I have been contracted to work with this client and
am indeed being paid, indeed that is how/why I am coming out from Seattle.
They do not have additional funding to add extra facilitators -- a matter of
bureaucracy as much as funds.  So I am asking the OS community for help to
support the design in the best way possible (otherwise, their staff will be
the co-facilitators, which I do not feel will serve as well).  I have often
enjoyed assisting at OS events here in the Northwest and thought I'd put
this out there in case any Ohioans felt similarly.  (For example, a few
years back Peg Holman helped organize a great strategic planning process
with the State Arts Commission -- many of us volunteered, Peg was the only
one paid).  Please do not make any assumptions about the good people of Ohio
or the WIB organization!  Putting out this request is my idea -- just aimed
for those who might have the time and who would find this fun and
stimulating.  I certainly did not want to set off any hornet's nest !

And please note, I was mistaken in the date:  the time when  I need help is
the next day, FRIDAY the 17th. Thursday evening we'll have an appreciation
banquet, and do some Appreciative Inquiry interviews - but I feel fine with
that on my own.  Friday morning is the time for the 3 breakouts and so two
additional facilitators would really be great. and then help with OS is
always wonderful - in terms of logistics and set up and 'holding the space.'
I already have one likely volunteer who has stepped forward -- so for those
of you comfortable with volunteering, let me know!

Susan

Susan Partnow, Partner & Host Coordinator
Let's Talk America

www.letstalkamerica.org

LTA at PartnowCom.com

"Conversation is a meeting of minds with different memories and habits.
When minds meet, they don't just exchange facts:  they transform them,
reshape them, draw different implications from them, engage in new trains of
thought.  Conversation doesn't just reshuffle the cards:  it creates new
cards."  --Theodore Zeldin