OST evaluation

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Wed Jun 8 20:46:00 PDT 2005

Hi OS'ers!

Some colleagues and potential clients here have said, "Yes, this OST
stuff is great. But how do you assess it's actual effectiveness. Do
you use key performance indicators? What indicators do you use
(qualitative and quantitative) to measure the efficacy of an OST
event?

Part of my response with one consultant who is seeking new approaches
(and hence interest in OST), is that OST makes space for Spirit to
work. OST always works and some things are hard to measure.

I am thinking of one potential client I am working with right now who used OST
two years back (I presented on OST and referred them to a colleague to
conduct the meeting; I could not lead it at the time). In the
interview pre-proposal stage with this client I asked what did that
OST meeting give? In terms of tangibles, it seems, very little. But,
in terms of intangibles enough, it seems, to say "We want more."

I know some of you have been doing OST research and maybe this topic
has been touched on.

If there is anywhere you could point me to on this, I'd much
appreciate it.

Thank you,
Raffi

                          mailto:raffi at bk.ru