who are the people we are working with?

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Wed Jun 8 09:18:13 PDT 2005

Dear ost colleagues,

Today I met with a colleague who does that kind of activity referred
to as "training". He's not in the "remembering" business just yet...

And he is thinking about conducting OST potentially, including it in
the format of a training.

The thing that was hardest to understand for him was "What does the
facilitator do after all in OST?"

And I pointed him to Angeles Arrien's book...

He then asked "who for you are the participants of the OST meeting?" I
was stumped by the question.

My first answer was "I guess I'm a person who is invited to conduct an
OST meeting for other people." When I asked him to unpack the
question, he explained who the participants are for him when he does
training (btw, I included your thoughts Paul, on how training is about
sameness and education is about difference): "participants are people
with an empty space in certain skill areas (for example effective
sales) and I fill that space up for them.

I had never thought of training that way and we talked about limiting
beliefs (which they do work with in their effective sales approach)...

Warmly,
raffi

                          mailto:raffi at bk.ru