Ukraine and WorldMap

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Mon Jun 6 14:58:21 PDT 2005

Dear Colleagues,
on the fourth evening of the "training" in the Ukraine someone asked
at the bar of the training site how to include herself in the
map...well, out of that a whole evening of signing in, picture
taking, grooming,  retaking, collecting inclusion fees and
transliterating the names and matching them with the pictures....
amongst laughter, pretty steep drinking and dancing... ensued.
Today, a few days later, my son and webhelper Daniel and I entered 27
additional Ukrainian os-workers into the WorldMap...so far just their
names and pictures.
Have a look
http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/
It will take us another couple of days to transliterate all those
cyrillic addresses etc.
With this crowd of people joining from the Ukraine in one swoop, the
Ukraine has become the country with the second largest number of
resident os-workers in the world (after Germany and before the USA)
and increased the total of entries to 275.
So, soon there will be another celebrateion for the  300th inclusion.
(While I was gone for 12 days to Kiev, a number of new countries:
Bolivia (so much in the news now), Peru, Singapore and the
Philippines were added to the countries with os-workers in residence,
now 52).

In the meantime the Ukrainians have created a yahoo listserve,
to learn more about the Ukrainian_Facilitator group, visit
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ukrainian_Facilitator

Jo and I are looking forward to go back to the Ukraine in November
for their first Open Space Learning Workshop (a 3 day os) where we
will meet them all again in the second part of the "training" for
reflections on their practice between now and then. Seems that they
have wide reaching plans to use ost in further developing their
country into a civil society...something we could easily benefit from
in many parts, here in Berlin for instance, in Western Europe and
definitely back home in the US.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg i.G.
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 275 Open Space Workers in 52 countries (working in a total of 112 countries worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org