preparing for influenza pandemic with open space etc

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Wed Jun 1 03:24:47 PDT 2005

Hi all!

I've summed up a few things about the very real possibility of an
influenza pandemic in the following message:

A short summary: if a flu pandemic emerges it could kill "millions" in
weeks or a few months.  It would disrupt all societies.  How do you buy
or sell food in a pandemic year?

I wonder what the implications are for Open Space.  At least these come
to mind:

- Preparation and adapting to the threat (aims: slow the pandemic down,
keep society moving) has to be at the local level if it is to be done
at all.
- If/when a pandemic strikes, we want to increase social distance.
Could we do OST, TWC, AI etc ... at a distance?
- If people have to learn to "do OST" real fast - how fast can people
learn?  How fast can OST (etc) spread?

I would welcome your thoughts on this "unbelievable" (i.e.: either most
people are in denial or experts are fully wrong) threat.

Lucas

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es