London calling

EVERETT813 at aol.com EVERETT813 at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 12:43:09 PDT 2005

In a message dated 7/13/2005 2:07:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com writes:

Paul  wrote:  I'm sorry if you assumed there would be a session on
"muslims"  at Halifax.
Never was in my mind at all.  I was surprised to see that  it somehow arose
> in yours.  And I tend to agree with you that  such a session would 'go
> nowhere', as I witnessed one such between  Jews and Palestinians at the
> Practice of Peace here in Washington  State a year or so ago.  Excellent
> points were made, ideas  exchanged, lots of tension, correction, testy
> exchanges, etc., but I  doubt any minds were changed.  No blows were
> exchanged,  either.  And, as far as I can tell, which isn't far, nothing  of
> substance changed in the situation,  either.

Therese,

Thank you for that summary of what happened from the PoP conference.   Please
note that I do not have the same sources of information that you  do.  Please
also note I was NOT talking about the outcome(s) of the  conference, which
you enumerated, but only of the discussion I witnessed.   Please note my last
sentence.  Apparently I was incorrect, minds were  changed.  That is good. It is
also not usual. The Isreali/Palestinian  situation may be slowly resolving. I
am not inherently optimistic about the  capacity of humans for peaceful
resolution of issues.  The world does not  reflect it very often.

I don't know what is agitating you so (damn) much.  In an earlier  post you
denigrated white men in power, as if the reason things were going badly  was
because they were white men.  I am a white man. Am I some  unholy Other because
I'm a white man?  I also strongly resented your  continued use of my name in
your post in a derogatory manner.  I got the  message, I didn't need the put
downs.  Reminded me of Anthony's speech  where he whips up the masses against
Ceasar's assassins.  Are you wanting  to whip up the masses??  To what end?
Violence?  As I said, it  is the inner violence which must be tamed before there
will be a world without  outer violence.  That requires Consciousness.  Read
up on the Senoi  Indians of the Malay Penninsula.  It will be instructive.

The whole thing left a foul taste in my mouth and heart and mind.

Paul Everett