wisdom; was: London calling--long reply

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 07:33:06 PDT 2005

I am just about certain that if Funda had the kind of power that the
mostly-white, predominantly Christian males who run the world as if it
were their personal war game, she would undertake the work with more
wisdom.  Maybe I am just another armchair quarterback but I also have
complete faith that I would exercise more wisdom than the chuckleheads
sending young people to slaughter under false pretenses so a few old
white guys can grow richer.

Unlike you, EJE Spady, not only do I refuse to assume that people in
power are there for good reasons, I am actually fairly certain that
most politicians are only nominally there to serve the common good and
that mostly they seek great power to control the distribution of
wealth.  There are exceptions, of course, and good people in political
position but they are few and far between.

I am resolutely certain that the truly wise do not seek the kind of
power that has lead us into this nonsensical campaign against
terrorism in Iraq.

--
Warmly,
Tree Fitzpatrick