Wisdom according to Webster.com

Kurt Connelly kurt.connelly at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 16:58:41 PDT 2005

Hey Everyone,

I find this dialogue about wisdom engaging. Are the leaders of the
world's most powerful economies indeed "wise?"  Or perhaps more
intriquing, to me at least, do these same individuals possess some
inordinate level of wisdom so as to be deemed wise? Well, I felt the
subject worthy of some quick research.

I looked to seee what Webster,com, considered by some to be "the"
scource of English language definition. Here is their "official"
abridged definition:

Main Entry: wis·dom
Pronunciation: 'wiz-d&m
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English wIsdOm, from wIs wise
1 a : accumulated philosophic or scientific learning : KNOWLEDGE b :
ability to discern inner qualities and relationships : INSIGHT c :
good sense : JUDGMENT d : generally accepted belief <challenges what
has become accepted wisdom among many historians -- Robert Darnton>
2 : a wise attitude or course of action
3 : the teachings of the ancient wise men