London calling

Claudia Haack claudiahb at juno.com
Fri Jul 8 09:29:53 PDT 2005

Jon,
Thank you so much for your inspiring words.  I can feel the energy of the
british people - and what I would hope to be true for all world citizens
- in your message.  I heard the same spirit in the interviews with
Londoners that were on radio and TV yesterday.  Grief and shock, yes, but
no defiance and willingness to compromise freedom - in every sense of the
word.  I hope this spirit will be contagious.

I lived  Hamburg, Germany in the 70's and 80's.  Lots of terrorist
activities all over the country and Europe for that matter. And then
there was the cold war with all it's weapon's posturing.  Strangely
enough though, neither did the weapons stationed in Germany to "protect"
my way of life (by blowing up the better part of Europe if need be) make
me feel safe, nor did all those terrorists make me feel unsafe.
I did refuse then and will refuse now to let aggression of any kind blow
smoke into my eyes and obscure the vision that I share with you:

"I want to change the world and make it better place -
> more
> peaceful, more respectful, more hopeful, more healthy, more kind,
> more
> sustainable, more.... "

With love and prayers for those who are in pain.

Claudia