Not in Halifax -plus - Access Queen update

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Thu Jul 28 18:09:28 PDT 2005

Viv-a-Licious --

I will miss your vibrant energy, rich experience, true wisdom and
sparkling playfulness.  But you will be felt there, in spirit.

And so shall you others who cannot make it this time.  I know it is hard
for some to see all this chatter about a great experience that you
cannot this time get to.

I did not get to last year's OSonOS and I missed my dear friends deeply,
both old and never-yet-met.  I find that the face-to-face is so
important, when possible, for deepening connections, exploring and
experimenting on things with a group of diverse people (I tend to try
things each year that may use different modalities than text and
sometimes even without conversation - hard to do in the virtual world),
sharing song and wine together in the evenings, and finding great
partners for facilitation projects to come.

Well, this time I am going, and so I shall raise a glass to you, my dear
friends both old and new and never-yet-met who cannot join us in Halifax
in person.  Your presence, your spirit and the stories you have shared
with us all thus far will be felt in rich and diverse ways.

And I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have
contributed to this year's Access Queen Fund thus far (more eruptions of
Access Giving are expected at the OSonOS itself, though the Global
Village Marketplace, the Silent Auction and random acts of giving-ness,
and for this, I thank you).

As I write this the Access Queen Fund, thanks to your generous donations
of money...
...(thank you, World Map members! OpenSpace-Online participants! Open
Space Institute of the US! Generous individuals with big hearts and
anonymous identities! Open Space Institute of Canada! OSonOS attendees
who will share their room or pay for dinner for a colleague! All of you
packing little things to sell at the Global Village Marketplace and
Silent Auction!).
.rides, room shares, discount fee arrangements (thank you, host team!)
and good ideas...we're helping *15 Askers* get just the little more that
they need to be able to attend the OSonOS in Halifax.  How exciting is
that???!!  And what a testament to the power of asking, and of giving,
without attachment to outcome.  Let's hear it for faith and sharing and
courage and letting go....

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator