How do you live in open space?

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Wed Jan 26 09:25:31 PST 2005

Harrison and Feliz--

I will endeavor to post this thread as you invited. It will probably not
get done in the next two weeks because of an OS I am preparing for for next
weekend.

Amanda--

Wow, what a tutorial and an expansion of my learning you have given me.
Thank you.

I need to re-read what you said and digest it some more for understanding
how to work with space invaders.

This particular situation is a bit different from how I may have led you to
suppose. This is a committee in a church where there are six or so members,
I among them and the lady in question is taking the part of the chair (I
joined late, so I don't know if she actually was appointed the chair, or
just assumed the role).

The committee's task is to plan a retreat. The question for decision was to
choose the date to hold the retreat. The committee agonized over the date
for at least two hours over two meetings. They reached a decision, which
this lady did not agree with. The next day she had a conversation with the
minister (who does not have veto authority over the volunteer committee's
actions) who expressed a desire for the date the chair had in mind. After
that conversation, the committee chair e-mailed the committee saying that
her date was back on.

So my question relates to my more "personal" response--how do I internally
and as a practice of peace and OS with the committee members respond?

Mostly I am concerned with the space that has been taken away from the
committee....

                              :-Doug.
                              Who's making a difference?