SV: How do you live in open space?

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Wed Jan 19 11:44:49 PST 2005

Dear Doug, dear everyone
Thanks for putting the question out and thanks for sharing your answers.
I will share a few of my thoughts about this. I think we all live in open
space although not all are aware of it and appreciate it, not in every
situation anyway. I have noticed within myself that I have learnt to
appreciate the NOW more over these years of working with OST. As an
independent consultant I do experience periods of chaos/confusion. I have
noticed that it is easier to live with this constant dance between chaos and
order. Deep inside, I know and understand that something new and maybe even
better will emerge when everything seems to be breaking down.

I think that in order to develop my work and my life I have to find and
appreciate that open space in all of what I do. It has become clear for me
that I have to start within myself and my close relations, to be able to
better assist others in finding and appreciating their open spaces. The
principles are "handy" in this work!
Warmest regards
Thomas Herrmann