How do you live in open space?

Johann Borquez johannborquez at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 04:05:43 PST 2005

I really never was aware of living in the Open Space
until I saw your question... Mmmh... This is the sort
of existential insight I was looking for.

I can't say that I fully live in the Open Space, or at
least, there may be different levels of being in the
Open, let me explain.

As in OS, there are people who rise issues and
organize groups (conveners), others that follow them,
and among them, you still have sticky people (who
remain in the same group from beginning to end), bees
and butterflies.

I feel more a bee than a convener. I guess I want to
become a convener or, as it is called here, an
entrepreneur: someone who rises his/her own issues and
invites other people to be part of the journey. But
today, I feel I am a bee, someone who exercises the
law of two feet whenever I feel uncomfortable with a
job/group/assignment/project. However, for me the
process of getting in and getting out of
jobs/groups/assignments/projects is not as simple in
everyday life as in OST: I need to get done what I am
committed to before I quit, or I will just be a
hedonist, who follows his own impulse regardless of
what commitments I have with others (marriage,
worklife, family, politics, etc.). Such a person is
not credible for others, and being a hedoinist bee my
guess is that you don´t become a god convener (could
someone say a queen bee).

So, again, thanks for the questions...

Johann Bórquez Bohn
OST Practitioner
CHILE

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions."
Naguib Mahfouz (Nobel Prize Winner).

--- "Douglas D. Germann, Sr."

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250