facilitator & sponsor identity

Funda Oral fundaoral at ttnet.net.tr
Fri Jan 28 05:37:50 PST 2005

Referring to my last (today's) answer to  Zachary's question. I think i confuse the role of the facilitator and the
sponsor.

I want to share with you while trying to clear my mind;

-there is a "question" that is worth opening a space
-sponsor is the one who should be sensitive to the question in the subject
 and looking for the answers
-faciliator should be neutral...he is not looking for the answers...he doesn't need to listen or
 read the answers. He just makes a formal introduction among the sponsor, guests and the
 question...and explains the method (OST)...and that's it....so facilitator should be really
 without any identity, expectation, neutral...even doesn't have any interest in the question and answers
 and be able to leave sponsors and guests alone and free....

So the facilitator's main role should be offer a space to those who should own and solve their issue
where the facilitator doesn't have any responsibility or stake.

I appreciate any comment on that, especially from Harrison.

thanks,
Funda