A question about OS listserv

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Sat Jan 8 15:44:01 PST 2005

Friends,

I was on the phone with Juanita Brown this morning (our first meeting).  No doubt many of you know of her; she is the creator of the World Cafe (http://www.theworldcafe.com/).  It was love at first conversation for me as I heard so much compatibility with why I love Open Space expressed in her stories about the World Cafe.

Apparently, she has heard about the OS list from several colleagues (including the irresistible Alan Stewart).  She asked me what I thought makes it work (actually, she asked this much more beautifully but I'm saving her wording for you below).  I believe her interest derives from wishing to create a similar resource for the World Cafe community.  I suggested she pose her question to the list itself.  As I ponder my own response, her questions seemed perfect for the new year -- a moment to reflect on what makes this list such a gift, what it has meant to you as an individual and to us as a community.  Here are Juanita's questions, with a couple I've added inspired by her inquiry:

What has enabled the Open Space listserv to flourish?

In what ways has the listserv helped the Open Space community of practice to evolve?

And I would add:
In what ways has it affected you and your own practice to evolve?

What wishes do you have for the list's future?

I'll forward responses to Juanita every few days.  I've encouraged her to sign up and see for herself, so we may all soon have the pleasure of her company.  In any case, I look forward to learning, once again, from all who are attracted to this inquiry.

>From snowy Seattle,
Peggy

Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
(425) 746-6274

www.opencirclecompany.com

Type the word Subscribe in the subject line of your message