Happy New Year

Tenneson Woolf tenneson at berkana.org
Sun Jan 2 08:00:01 PST 2005

Greetings to all in this space.

Though I have not posted here before, I know some of you from other contexts. I feel a sense of calling to come into this space. And I am glad that it is here.

I have experience and learning with Open Space. I feel many desires to deepen my practice, in relation with others, and in the spirit of that which I wrote yesterday to two friends.

"The first of the year has me a bit reflective. It has me wanting to set deliberate intents for the new year. It has me listening to the silence around.

Of the many focus points any of us could choose, the one calling to me is Open Space as a way of life. For me this has something to do with embodying the principles of open space. Not as dogma, but as grounding helpful belief and principles. Not as technique, but more akin to Toke's "operating system" of life. I suppose this is an extention to my "everyday hosting" interest at Rivendell.

New Year's day has me waking to a fresh blanket of snow in Utah. It is georgous and has me feeling very peaceful. It has the wonderful feeling of being open, of a new canvas on which to paint, play, and discover. Soon, my kids and wife will wake -- that peace will shift to new forms. I'll spend the day with them playing (maybe a sleigh ride), reading, enjoying the first of the year and the end of the holiday.

I'm connecting this morning in a bit of a symbolic way. I'm wishing you and your families well. And as a deliberate action, I'm reaching out to connect, to set a deliberate path for 2005. This morning, without wanting to get lost in a barrage of online needs, I went to the openspaceworld website, again a symbolic act for me. From deeper listening, I was responding to questions -- to what will I give my attention? Where do I feel some passion and calling? I sense that open space is calling to me as a stake in the ground for 2005. It is the best way I know to remain open in heart and to create an openness to learning."

With warmth and love,

Tenneson

Tenneson Woolf
801 376 2213

"If I had an hour to solve a problem and my life depended on the solution,
I would spend the first 55 minutes determining the proper question to ask,
for once I knew the proper question, I could solve the problem in less than 5 minutes."
Albert Einstein