November dates?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Feb 21 07:11:18 PST 2005

Hi, Ms. Therese --

You wrote:
<Hi Lisa.  I 'get' that you are only asking about dates for the U.S.
OSonOS. . . could you maybe say why the OSonOS in Nova Scotia is not
adequate for this year?  I sorta thought the US OSonOS took place
because some US open spacers wanted to gather without traveling to
India. . . but Nova Scotia makes it a bit different. Are you trying to
establish an annual US OSonOS?  Would a US OSonOS exclude Canadians?
Maybe there should be a 'bye' for this year?!  I intend to go to OSonOS
in Halifax and I would hate to have to choose missing the US one. Just
thinking out loud and sorry if I step on other's thoughts.>

Your questions are all very good, and how could asking such great
questions step on others' thinking?  I'm glad you've asked because I
myself do not have the answer - there's an originating group that I
think had such great experiences at the one last year (I did not attend)
that they wanted to do something regional again.

I cannot probably come to both, either, and I will come to Halifax,
seeking the international learning because it stretches me so much out
of my known (wanting to come to both but probably not being able to
afford to).  Knowing that, I'm supporting this OSonOSinUS group in
whatever way I can, such as asking if these dates work.  I'm guessing
folks want to do a regional OSonOS for whomever comes.

I'm guessing that it has nothing to do with adequacy or inadequacy, or
inclusion or exclusion, but more like abundance and welcoming.  Knowing
there's room for everything in time and space for whomever comes.

I invite more voices into this conversation - including others who are
in the group that wants to create an OSonOSinUS for 2005 - what are your
thoughts, folks?

...and I thank you again for sharing with us, Therese,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
O p e n i n g  S p a c e