systems serving systems

Chris Macrae Wcbn009 at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 15:37:53 PST 2005

Yes I very much believe this, and feel that there are some further pattern rules

For example I presented a paper at the end of last year on how systems attract their own kind with respect to :

hi-trust or openly serving all they relate to
OR
low-trust, increasingly serving a few at the expense of the many

The paper was called the war between goodwill systems and badwill systems

(Badwill doesnt necessarily mean intentionally bad but one that is blind to the fact that a larger a system gets the more it will need to detect conflicts and not let them enter in and compound). Perhaps this is another reason why small is beautiful and global is becoming a real problem unless we find a way of making conflict detection much more transparent ahead of time