Management in a World of Turtles

Jennifer Hurley JLHurley at hfadesign.com
Fri Feb 18 07:45:21 PST 2005

On 2/16/05 9:09 AM, "Harrison Owen" <hhowen at comcast.net> wrote:

> Your friend, a manager in a middle sized organization, just had an
> interesting experience. When he woke up this morning, there it was - a real
> blinding flash of the obvious! Something that he had always known but never
> quite had the courage to say out loud. He was totally out of control, at
> least in any meaningful sense of the word, "control."

Harrison,

My first thought when I read this story was, "Whew, what a relief for that
poor manager!"  Now he doesn't have to imagine that he's in control and get
panicked when things go their own way (as they always do).  Releasing
himself from that burden of trying to control things, he can be more
present.  He will be able to sense movement and direction and undercurrents
that his anxiety about control was blocking from him before.  Now he can be
really effective!

Jennifer Hurley
-------------------------------
Hurley~Franks and Associates
Planning & Urban Design

1429 Walnut St., Ste. 601
Philadelphia, PA 19102

P: 215-988-9440
JLHurley at HFAdesign.com
http://www.hfadesign.com

Association for the New Urbanism in PennsylvaniA (ANUPA)
http://www.anupa.org

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
and/or proprietary information.  If you have received this in error, please
contact the sender by replying to this message and delete this material from
any system it may be on.