On self-organizing

Filiz Telek FTelek at HFHI.org
Tue Feb 15 03:49:46 PST 2005

Masud,

I guess you are referring TV as non-living in the physical sense...well,
doesn't it all depend on how we define living versus non-living? :)
Maybe I am taking your comment too literally...but here are some quotes
that might be interesting...

"...dividing the universe up into living and nonliving things also has
no meaning. Animate and inanimate matter are inseparably interwoven, and
life, too, is enfolded throughout the totality of the universe. Even a
rock is in some way alive, says David Bohm, for life and intelligence
are present not only in all of matter, but in "energy," "space," and
"time," "the fabric of the entire universe," and everything else we
abstract out of the holomovement and mistakenly view as separate
things."
The Holographic Universe - Michael Talbot (page 50)

"The distinction between organic and inorganic is a conceptual
prejudice. It becomes even harder to maintain as we advance into quantum
mechanics. Something is organic, according to our definition, if it can
respond to processed information. The astounding discovery awaiting
newcomers to physics is that the evidence gathered in the development of
quantum mechanics indicates that subatomic "particles" constantly appear
to be making decisions! More than that, the decisions they seem to make
are based on decisions made elsewhere. Subatomic particles seem to know
instantaneously what decisions are made elsewhere, and elsewhere can be
as far away as another galaxy!"
The Dancing Wu Li Masters - Gary Zukav (page 47)

"Look at your hand. Now look at the light streaming from the lamp beside
you. And at the dog resting at your feet. You are not merely made of the
same things. You are the same thing. One thing. Unbroken. One enormous
something that has extended its uncountable arms and appendages into all
the apparent objects, atoms, restless oceans, and twinkling stars in the
cosmos."
The Holographic Universe - Michael Talbot (page 48)

filiz

every day is a good day